

Everything went extremely well dropping Dawna Lisa off at Larry's on November 27th. My youngest daughter, Gretchen, went with me. DL had been out in the pasture rolling in the muddy snow before we left. Gretchen laughed about me taking pictures but what can a mother say???
Larry was very pleased with my 'organization' of paperwork and a new Stanley tool/tack trunk on wheels just for DL. I had been at Dover and saw a neat tack trunk on wheels for $319 but Stanley at $60 won! All of Dawna Lisa's stuff is in it including new blanket, sheet, cooler, spare bit, spare halter, favorite wormer and two harnesses.
Larry signed the entries for Treasure Coast and Black Prong and they are mailed. I nearly choked that Preliminary Single Pony is up to $250 per CDE. Thank Heavens both CDE's are at Black Prong so no extras on top.
I was prepared for ALL the other checks I wrote but still I was having writer's cramp by the time it was all done. Just adding up all the dollar signs is rather scary!
I will be going over on Dec 17th to see Dawna Lisa and make sure Larry has everything he needs. In the truck on the way back, Gretchen remarked about how much Dawna Lisa likes/loves Larry. She was nuzzling Larry as he stood by the stall talking to us. OF course, Larry had to remind Gretchen and I of the big hole DL kicked in one of his stall when I left her off the first time. Dawna Lisa was very upset and couldn't understand WHY I would leave her at Larry's.
Things have changed. Dawna Lisa is learning to be worldly girl. She will be leaving for Florida at the end of December on the big air ride transport with Natasha Grigg's famous pair plus one. Just hope DL is on best behavior since she has been known to kick in the stall at a certain famous gelding... I think it might be the size thing. She is SURE 14.1 7/8th is just as good as big horses and much better than a gelding! Silly, silly Cob girl with a rather high opinion of herself.
No comments:
Post a Comment