Monday, March 26, 2007

The Next Step

It has taken me a bit to get everything in order at home. I came home with a very nice cold from getting so wet on dressage day. The following weekend after Black Prong was the Driving Forum which was located less than twenty minutes from my house. I only went on the Saturday since I had so much to catch up on at home. BUT the Driving Forum was great fun!
My good friend India Haynes along with Shirley Foster came down for the event. It was great catching up with both as it was another devoted Cob person, Mary Gray. Some serious plans went on at the Driving Forum. India is going to be driving her adorable Sec. C stallion and I have offered her to borrow both my harness and vehicle that is perfect for the 13 plus hand ponies I drove for so many years. I told India that I had decided to sell my Jeff Day that I had purchased from her and get a new strictly singles marathon vehicle for Dawna Lisa. I am glad I told her this since.....
I spent some time looking at vehicles. Last year I had looked long and hard at the marathon vehicles available from New England Carriage Imports. I really liked them BUT knew I had to sell my Jeff Day first. Yes, I had promised my husband which was a good thing since I am 'collector'. In speaking to Mary Gray, she told me she had purchased a vehicle from New England Carriage Imports and couldn't say enough good things about dealing with the owner, Peter. This kind of put me over the top. I had posted the Jeff Day for sale on CD-L and was hoping/waiting for a buyer.
Last week, fate took over. The lady who had the Jeff Day made for her (who India bought the vehicle from) called me. She has just got a pony pair and would love to buy the vehicle back. She is coming on Tuesday to pick the vehicle up. SO now I am proceeding with getting a new vehicle. Peter and I am working on getting DL the perfect vehicle. DL will be back in MA around the 20th of April and maybe just maybe, a new vehicle will be awaiting her arrival home. Once again, time will tell. I am not rushing into it BUT it would be nice to be able to take the next step in my BIG plan for 2007. Yours, Claudia

No comments: